Monday, February 20, 2006

I guess I'm a blogger now

Hello all. I've decided to take the plunge and start a blog to share experiences, tips, techniques, etc that I've learned in developing a web application for a client using JDeveloper 10.1.3 and the whole ADF stack (ADF Business Components and ADF Faces). I've learned a lot from the kind people over at the JDeveloper Forum, and I wanted to share some of what I've learned and developed.

I've got a few ideas for topics, and would be interested in some more ideas. Here's what I've got so far:

  • Prompting the user to save changes when navigating away from a "dirty" screen.
  • Implementing a dynamic menu with security.
  • Extending an ADF Faces component.
  • Using CVS with an ADF project.
  • Using custom Login Modules.
I'm not sure yet how often I'll be able to post, but I hope to get something in once a week or more. If you've got ideas on other topics, be sure to post a comment. Heck, if you'd like to post an article yourself - that would be cool too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the Blog John. I look forward to reading your posts.

Regards,

Chris Muir

Anonymous said...

Where's the rss feed. It's easy to add in blogger.

John Stegeman said...

Good point - let me go find it and set it up